Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large monitor screen recording area

Contributor ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate v5.5

Up to now I have been working on a 17" monitor and for my full screen captures I have been using a recording area of 1260x883.

I am soon to get a new 24" monitor and wonder if there are any known problems or things I need to be aware of with regards creating projects that are based on whole screen captures that will be taken from a 24" monitor.

Noel

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Sure.

So, I meant a case when you create a project with a bigger resolution and view the output on Web Browser, you would see something like this (With Scroll bar on right) --

Scroller.jpg

To be able to view it correctly, with fit to screen resolution, go to the published location of your project, right click on the .HTM file and choose to open it with Notepad.

Scroller2.jpg

Now, you should see you HTML file in notepad like below screenshot, the highlighted line has the dimensions of your project, replace the value with "100

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

Captivate gives you the option to either pick one of the standard resolution for your project/simulation or you can capture a custom screen area by entering customized dimensions for your screen.

Either way, there should not be any problem with upgrading to 24" Monitor screen. Even with 24" Monitor, on choosing the fullscreen as resolution, the recording window should automatically adjust your window size for the same.

PS: There could be a case when you publish the project might have scrollers if viewed over a smaller resolution monitor, you can open teh published html on notepad and hardcode --width="100%" and height="100%" . (just in case )

Good Day.

Regards,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anjaneai,

Thanks for that information.

Is it possible for you to explain (in simple terms) how to hard code the width and height both to 100% ?

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

So, I meant a case when you create a project with a bigger resolution and view the output on Web Browser, you would see something like this (With Scroll bar on right) --

Scroller.jpg

To be able to view it correctly, with fit to screen resolution, go to the published location of your project, right click on the .HTM file and choose to open it with Notepad.

Scroller2.jpg

Now, you should see you HTML file in notepad like below screenshot, the highlighted line has the dimensions of your project, replace the value with "100%" . This would scale your project always fit irrespective of the screen resolution. Save the notepad file and relaunch your project in Web browser

Scoller3.jpg

Let me know if you have any queries?

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A stupid question from me I think.

Currently I am publishing my projects as .exe (for our Intranet) or SWF for our LMS.

Will I still get the option to scale my project width to 100% in these publish formats ?

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your most welcome Noel.

this process is applicable on SWF which has a HTML file in published out. this HTML file can be modified on notepad (We cannot do this on SWF direct, but as HTML file uses the same SWF, it works fine).

The EXE would not have this process, you can rescale your project to a standard (preset resolution 600*800 or 640*480) and then publish it to exe file.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anjaneai,

Thank you so much for the reply.

I will try this as soon as possible.

Many thanks again.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources