• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cfindex fieldboost does nothing - CF10

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using cfindex to attempt to boost the "Question" field over the "Answer" field of Q&A data. I see no effect from adding anything in the fieldboost field on the index.

<cfindex action="refresh" collection="faq" type="custom" title="question" body="question,answer" fieldboost="question:2" key="faq_id" query="updateQuery" location_i="location_id" />

I get the exact same results if fieldboost is there or not. No change.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending countless hours on this, Update 3 finally resolved it. The update 3 docs don't mention it, but fixed it for me. Very frustrating, but glad to have it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting....

I'm trying to use docBoost attribute in CFIndex and whenever the attribute is given, none of my documents get added to the collection.  It doesn't throw an error, it just doesn't do anything.  I'll install update 3 and see if it "boosts" my spirits!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied update 5, and nothing changed...docBoost doesn't appear to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out you can't point to a query column using docBoost.  Has to be a hardcoded or #variable# supplied value.  I made an enhancement request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could add a custom field to your index and stuff a value in there for the records you want to boost. Then when you search order on that field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the idea...could do a compound orderBy DESC, Score DESC so most relevant would bubble to the top of boost groups don't you agree?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. We've got a search that has really complicated ordering rules that would create tons of overhead if we had to run it with every search. Using this method we do the hard crunching once at index time, then on output it's really zippy because we're just sorting on a number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you factor in score or just document weight from your custom boost field?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that particular search I don't use the score for sorting, but there's no reason you couldn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation