• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional formatting not ending where it should

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH10 - I applied conditional formatting to a large portion of text within a topic to exclude it from the "External" site. This portion contains numbered and bulleted text and a number of paragraphs.

The last two lines of the topic do NOT have conditional formatting applied to them - they are supposed to display on the external site, but they don't.

I went into the HTML code, and found the following at the beginning of every paragraph within that range: <?rh-cbt_start condition="External" ?>. At the end of the range, the code was this: <?rh-cbt_end  ?>. Since that didn't work, I pasted condition="External" ? into that string of code so it was now . <?rh-cbt_end  condition="External"?> It still didn't work.

The only thing that worked was cutting the last two lines of text, and pasting them just above the conditional formatting range. But that puts things out of order for the internal site.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm out of ideas.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the first step is to remove all signs of tags from all items in the list.

The surest way is to select the whole list first and right click. Does it show Remove Attributes (note the plural). If it does, select that and you will see the tags and can remove them.

Next look at the code and make sure it is free of code. There might still be some. If there is click in paragraphs and right click looking for Remove Attributes again. Select any spaces and do the same.

If necessary remove the tag code in the HTML.

Now select just the first topics that should be tagged and apply whatever tag you want and test again. Are these items in the middle of a list? Without doing some testing, I am not sure how the numbering will behave.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To address your last question first, the numbering isn't technically "numbering." I import the documents from Word, so Robohelp converts the numbers to images (may have something to do with something..?). These lists are within a range of content about a page long with two lines at the end that do NOT have conditional formatting.

I highlighted that range and right-clicked, and did not see Remove Attributes on the dropdown list. It was not even a grayed-out option. The fact that it wasn't technically "numbered" may account for this.

What code strings do I need to remove from the code? Were you referring to attributes or the conditional formatting tags? I did remove the conditional formatting and leave a few paragraphs at the end and copy/paste those two lines at the bottom, below the conditional formatting. Nothing.

But then I copy/pasted a random non-conditonal formated table with some surrounding paragraph text, and pasted it below the conditional formatting. IT DISPLAYS. So it may be a matter of Robohelp getting confused by only two lines of text or something, but understands it all when there's more text than just the two lines without conditional formatting.

So I copy/pasted one of the lines five times, and it did NOT display. I copy/pasted about 15 times and it did. So you won't believe the fix: I just formatted the excess lines so the text was white and left it there, and now everything displays perfectly. (I'm good with it, as long as it works!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Converts numbers to images? Egh?

To see what needs to be stripped, add a line of garbage text and apply a tag. Then look at it in HTML view.

You will see something starting <?rh-list_start

Sorry, Remove Attributes will not appear for CBTs, my mistake.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp