Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issues with language from form locale & PDF language syncing

Level 1

I have my completed fillable PDF form that I designed in the LiveCycle, but when it's in its PDF version, it's not reflecting "English" as the language setting.

Here's what I've done:

In LiveCycle:

File --> Form Properties --> Defaults --> Form Locale is set to "English USA"

On the same form, in PDF:

File --> Properties --> Advanced --> Language is BLANK & GREYED out so I cannot even edit it.

I'm running LiveCycle 8.2 and Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.

We can't upload currently because it's not Section 508 compliant with the missing language. I work for the government so there's no workaround - it has to be fixed.

Any advice?

4 Replies

Level 1

I am running into the same problem and need urgent help on this matter. I've been through these documents already and they are of no use. Do you have any solution to resolve the problem? How can we set the language otherwise?

Level 1

Hello,

I am running into the exact same problem and it is critical that I find a  solution. I am with the government too, so accessibility is a major issue. Have you had any luck in finding a solution for on these matter?

Thanks for sharing.

Level 1

I did find a solution. I'm currently using Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 as an FYI.

Example:

(1) Create a blank form

(2) Pull over the "TEXT" Box

(3) Your "Layout" & "Object" tabs should appear on the right of your screen.

(4) In the "Object" tab, under Locale, click on the drop down box and select "English (USA)". I know it automatically defaults to it underneath, but you have to physically place it in the box.

I have found you have to do this for every item you put on your form whether it's a check box, Numeric Field, everything. If you have Adobe Pro 9 like me, a way to make sure you correctly placed the "English (USA)" in all the boxes, in Adobe Pro, complete the following steps:

Click on "Advanced" from the menu bar

"Accessibility"

"Full Check"

It will run a full check to ensure your form is Section 508 compliant. Hope this helps.