• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullet style defined as "disc" in CSS is inserted as "circle"

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use RH9 with RSC. I've been wondering about this problem for a few weeks and maybe someone here has an idea why it's happening...

The bullet style is defined as "disc" in our CSS, yet when I insert a bulleted list (using the button on the RH toolbar), my bullets end up as "circle" style. I don't use any other formatting on the bullets (the HTML I get is just <ul style="circle"><li>blahblah</li</ul>). The weird thing is that's it's only happening for me. My coworker opened the same project and she's getting "disc" bullets correctly.

It's not a major problem, I just go in the HTML and fix the bullets manually, but it's really bugging me. Is there a global setting in RH (or Windows?) that I messed up? Did I somehow set "circle" bullets as my default and that's overwriting the CSS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing this is not source control related but because of the way you have defined lists.

In older versions of Rh you could define a paragraph style as a list. Since Rh8 lists have to be defined as list styles but you can superimpose a paragraph style for characteristics such as as font size and colour for the text. See Lists on my site and the link to Upgrading.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I know what you mean, but I'm pretty sure it's not that. The CSS doesn't have any kind of RH7-type styles.This is how the list styles are defined:

UL {

list-style-type: disc;

text-align: Left;

font-family: Arial;

margin-top: 6pt;

margin-bottom: 0pt;

line-height: Single;

font-size: 9pt;

}

LI {

font-family: Arial;

margin-left: 10pt;

margin-top: 6pt;

margin-bottom: 0pt;

font-size: 9pt;

}

The weird thing is that it's working for everyone (4 other writers) except myself. It worked fine for me too until 2-3 weeks ago (we've been using RH9 and this CSS for a year)... so I'm thinking I did something on my machine that broke it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes me rethink my original conclusion and question whether source control is at play here. I wonder if you have tried checking out a fresh copy of the project?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted my source files and got everything again from source control. Same problem, even though the CSS is fine in source control and on my machine. As I said, this is not stopping me from working, but it's driving me nuts because I can't understand it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project locally and create a topic using the same CSS. Do you still see the problem?

If you do, change the CSS to default.css. Do you still see the problem?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you switch to HTML mode, what is the HTML of the list?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Willam

The HTML is shown earlier in the thread.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that RoboHelp is inserting a type attribute for every list you add. It can overwrite the CSS if you use a style for UL. To add to the problem, the RoboHelp WYSIWYG will incorrectly show the 'type' even if you overwrite the style in your CSS.

Personally, I always switch to HTML and remove the type attribute whenever I add a list. I believe this is a bug. Please report this to Adobe via https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform When more people report this bug, Adobe will be more likely to fix this behaviour.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I haven't had time to test this with my CSS and a new project - I'll do it tomorrow.

Willam, my problem isn't with RH inserting the type attribute.. it's the fact that it's inserting a "disc" attribute for 4 people but not myself, when we're using the same stylesheet! The stylesheet I created, even, and which worked fine for a year.

(For the record, I actually prefer the current behavior - when it's working. It makes sure that my "level 1" lists will always be "disc" and then I can manually change "level 2" lists to "circle".)

(As another aside, thank you both for the help you provide on the forums. My coworkers are always suprised when I manage to fix something with just a short search )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ioana_S

Any joy?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, busy times at work... I tried it just now with a new project and no luck, still circles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See the Contact page on my site and send the new project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp