• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About anchored frames

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/WS75661B69-DDAF-4379-B743-2A48F4C0FD5D.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My text is attached to the anchored frame at the top of the page. When I scale the frame the text moves UPWARD, but creates a blank page at the top of the page, and then one preceding that with just one line of text. I need that text to flow independently of the graphic, What is my remedy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you supply screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have your anchored frame attached to the paragraph containing the text. It is better practice to have separate paratags to hold only anchored frames. You have much more control over layout this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Gubins, can you present a screen shot of what you mean about the separation of the para-tagging for this effort?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anchor_paratag.png

See paratag "anchor_holder" (coloured red for visibility only). You can set anchoring paratags for frames and tables. Easy to find, easy to adjust spacings around them - also can set" keep with" properties to ensure they stay with content or can float away depending upon page/column breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought … when you set up a paragraph tag for graphics anchors, make sure the 'Fixed' checkbox is not selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tyripp,

The screen shot you sent me offline shows that you're working in structured docs, which means you have very little wiggle room in how you place your graphics. I suggest you ask a coworker to show you how the graphics should be inserted properly based upon your structured frame edd. Once you do this, the graphic should behave as expected.

Hint: Usually a graphic object would have a Figure or similar wrapper that might also allow for a caption. Place your cursor above the graphic element in the structure view and see what the element catalog suggests you place there. It's likely that your graphic simply needs to be wrapped in another element.

Are you being asked to figure this all out on your own? If so, you may want to look into structured frame training. I can help, as I've trained folks in your organization, and am in southern california.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, what I am really needing is a structured template to a Mil-STD 3001, and yes, I have been tasked to do this on the fly. I am familiar with structured FrameMaker documents, but limited in the developer experience. If you are locally situated I would love to get together with you to discuss the details of what I am needing. FYI; I am needing a TOC, LIST pages for ILLUSTATIONS, TABLES, and INDEX template, then I need a Chapter template. So, in essence I am in desperate need of 4 templates. The linking and tagging will be done by the individual authors, with the gist involving importing unstructured documents into the structured environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great. I'm teaching this morning, but will be in touch later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, Good morning, just checking back with you to see if you have had any time to review that material I sent to you. I have come up with an existing set of DTD and FOSI files that I am able to use to create my MIL-STD 3001 templates. Please let me know when and if you would have an opportunity to give me some feedback on this effort. Thanking you in advance, best regards.

Jacques

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacques,

As a follow-up to our conversation (for anyone else reading this thread) you are better off acquiring the MIL-STD 3001 dtd or schema files rather than redeveloping that info from scratch or printed materials.

Once you've gotten them, please email directly to me and we can proceed from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, this is the DTD/FOSI file I had been waiting on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are the rest of them, not sure if you would need to review all of these files, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines