• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having formatting problems with Digital Editions 2.0

Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has happened to version 2?

I started getting complaints at work that recently converted ePubs weren’t working correctly; displaying bad fonts, jumping pages, multiple pages on top of each other, locking up, etc. After a lot of head scratching because I couldn’t replicate any of these problems myself (I was using ver1.7 at the time) and the ePubs were structurally fine. Then I remembered retailers and publishers had been downloading and using v2 for some time, I’d been using v1.7 only because I'd gotten used to the way it worked, the black screen, etc. and hadn’t had time yet to play with v2. But due to these complaints I did and wished I hadn’t. Its display of ePub is appalling (see screen shots below) how did it get past QA. I been googling v2 and now know I am far from the only one who is shocked by the poor performance of v2. Adobe, when are you going to fix it? Can you put the links to v1.7 back on your website?  v2.pngv17.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave@Gardners I branched you out to a new discussion as you previously were responding to an unrelated thread.  What format is the ePub you are having difficulties in?  You can locate the supported formats at http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/faq.html under the What is the EPUB format supported by Digital Editions section.

Also have you reported the difficulties you are experiencing to your eBook provider?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines