Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with DHTML Effects

Dec 15, 2006 Dec 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want all of my expanding hotspots to display initially with no underline... then become underlined upon mouse rollover...

I made this change to my dropdown hotspots style, and the change was applied to all of my topics.

It seems to be working on some, but not all, of the expanding hotspots in my project.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2006 Dec 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John0619. Have you checked that there isn't another style sheet in the mix here? Try right clicking on the style sheet in the Project tab and select the "Properties" menu item. This lists all the topics with the style tab assigned. Also check that there are no other style sheets in folders that may be overriding your change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2006 Dec 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Thanks for the response.

There is only one CSS in my project, and it is applied to all topics...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2006 Dec 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what output (e.g. CHM, Webhelp) you are producing and whether the problem is with the output or when topics are viewed in preview mode? Try creating a new project, create a topic and assign your style sheet to it. Does the same problem occur then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2006 Dec 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am producing WebHelp. The problem is evident in both the preview and the actual output.

I created a new project, applied the CSS to a new topic within that project, and my attributes worked.

Is it because I added this attribute to the CSS after some topics had already been completed? I thought I could apply CSS changes to all topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2006 Dec 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changes to the CSS should be applied across all topics to which it has been assigned. The fact that the CSS works in the test project means the problem is with the single project. Is it stored on a network? if so, move it off. RH projects have an underlying Access DB which don't work well on network drives and are prone to causing all sorts of problems. If you still have a problem, try creating the offending topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2006 Dec 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi John,

My guess is that you have embedded styles applied at topic level which are overriding the css file. Embedded style are part of the HTML file rather than the .css and take take priority over the .css styles.

Check out the true code of the offending topics and see if there are any styles embedded: For example:

<style type="text/css">
<!--

A.dropspot {
font-weight: bold;
font-style: normal;
}

-->
</style>

Simply delete these styles from the <Head> section via the True Code editor.

Hope this helps
Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp