• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 10 install will not work from CD

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st install was not complete-would not work. Uninstalled completely, even regedit.-no trace left. rebooted of course. but it will not install. it wants to uninstall non-existing elements 10.

what to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

For Error 2343 you will want run the Microsoft FixIt tool to remove the remaining installation.  You can find additional details at "Error 2343.Specified path is empty" | Install | Photoshop Elements 10 | Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/error-2343-specified-path-empty.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify when the uninstall was unsuccessful did you then delete the application folder and go into your registry and try to remove all entries related to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, all reference to adobe elements 10-there is no trace to be found. but when the cd tries to install, it  persists in uninstalling  and the says it cannot find path and then stops

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance that you backed up your registry prior to manually editing it?  If so please do so.

You can also try running the CS Cleaner tool to attempt to detect any remaining registry entries and try to remove them.  You can find details regarding the use of the CS Cleaner tool at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but this is elements 10 not CS- so why use the CS cleaner- will that not get rid of my CS6 instead?

Oh and I did manage to install the Elements 10 premiere.

Beginning to think something may be missing on this CD.

tried to install as administrator as well.

no deal.

did backup the registry, but seemingly not found, what I need.

anyhow am trying to install, not uninstall.

is there noone that can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cleaner tool should be able to detect Elements 10.  It will really depend on if there are still remaining registry entries or not.

Could you please provide the exact error message which you receive when you install?

You are also welcome to contact our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Considering the modifications you have made to your registry it maybe best if you are able to work with a technician one on one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error 2343. specified path not found. Installation will not continue.

I have done chat many times-none helped. could not set up call back either.

will try to call.

tried to get in the queue for call back, but it keeps going back to the sign up page every time and i am logged in.

called that number and they said there is no support for elements other than chat.

now what?

if this contnues on and on, I will return my CS6 and Lightroom 4- I recently bought from adobe.

so now, please get me some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Error 2343 you will want run the Microsoft FixIt tool to remove the remaining installation.  You can find additional details at "Error 2343.Specified path is empty" | Install | Photoshop Elements 10 | Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/error-2343-specified-path-empty.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whoppee-- that did it. Thanks so, so much. why did none of the chats tell me to do that? they all were told about that error and none knew of this fix.

so I do not make any more mistakes, is activation automatic or what do I need to do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Activation will happen automatically.  If you have previously activated on this computer then the same activation will likely be used.  If for some reason you do exceed the amount of allowable activations then please contact our support team and they can resolve your difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines