• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import a video into HTML Help?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a short video that I want to link to from a topic. When I click File>Import it is not listed as a supported file type. When I right-click the destination folder in the Project Manager pod and select Import, I am not given the option of a video file type (MP4, SWF, etc.). So how to I get it into my project and have it included in the build?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a few options here. Which one you use will depend on what you want to happen when the video is viewed.

The first option is to add a hyperlink to the MP4 file. Just click Insert > Hyperlink/Popup, click on the down arrow to the right of the "Link to" label and select File. This allows you to navigate to the file. Next you need to add the video file to your list of baggage files. Without this, other users will not be able to view its content. Open the Project Manager pod, right click on the Baggage Files folder and select New > Baggage File. Once again navigate to the video file. This approach has the disadvantage of displaying an Open, Save or Cancel dialog when the link is clicked.

The second option involves adding the video file to your baggage first - as described above. Next click and drag it to the location in the topic where you want it displayed. You may have to manually resize the handles of the file's outline to meet the size of the video file. This approach also requires you to have a video player installed (e.g. Quick Time).

One last option is not to have the video inside your RH project at all. In effect it can be anywhere. If it is located on a website or server, all you'd need to do is add the URL to the file's location using the Insert > Hyperlink/Popup menu item described above. Only this time you select the Web Address option and paste in a URL.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp