Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Uninstalling ColdFusion 10

Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to reinstall ColdFusion 10 as I have a corrupted installation since Windows Crashed 98% in.  When I try to reinstall using the 64bit installer, it only gives me the J2EE server configuration option instead of server.  So, I proceeded on attempting to uninstall it from the programs menu in Windows, but am receiving the following error:

The uninstallation could not complete due to an error.

I'm not sure what the error is or where to even find log files pertaining to this.  Is there a manual way of uninstalling CF10 completely?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's what I'd do in a panic mode :

First of all, I'd make sure none of the ColdFusion services are running (they probably aren't, but if they are, stop them).

Launch registry editor, and delete  HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\ -> Coldfusion related keys

Finally, delete the ColdFusion installation directory alltogether. Restart Windows, start from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation