Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to add "Yes" text to buttons

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2006 Dec 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a question that I think might just be an error with my program and/or computer. I am trying to add a button with a value of "Yes". I am unable to do that. I can put anything else I want as the value of the button. I can even put "Yes" in quotes and have it work. If I just type the word "Yes", Robohelp strips it out and creates a skinny button with no text and no value.

I am completely confused by this. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might be able to fix this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FriscoRealFast. You could try using a custom image. They are easy to create and look a lot better than the standard ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you are creating the button and what its purpose is but, when scripting, some text will be interpreted as a numerical value. Yes might be a reserved value along with OK, Cancel, No, and a few others. Let us know how you are running inot this problem.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In WYSIWYG, I selected Insert, Form Element, Button.

A button is inserted with the name "Button". When I double click on the object, I typed "Yes" into the "Button Caption" field. when I clicked Apply, OK and went back to my form, the button was skinny and had no text in it.

If I double click on the button again, I can type anything else I want into the object, just not the word Yes.

This is the code that RoboHelp generated for the button. Notice "value" is blank, as "yes" was somehow dropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp