• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to get auto-sizing pop-ups created in RH9 to work in FireFox?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read in earlier posts that this problem was fixed in RH 7.02. However, I'm working in RoboHelp 9.02 but they're still not working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They work OK for me. Try one of the sample projects or a new project to see if you have the same problem there.

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Sample projects were great for testing purposes (they're much smaller and faster to generate!).  After playing around a bit, I discovered the root of our issue may be the fact that we've inserted multimedia in our auto-sizing pop-ups (.flv video files).  When we display the pop-ups in FireFox, they're so narrow that most of the video is cut off to the right.  When I tried replacing one of the video files with a static image, the pop-up did re-size itself properly and it showed the entire image. So it seems that auto-sizing pop-ups work in FireFox with text and graphics, but not necessarily with multi-media.

To get around the issue, we've decided to display each of our videos in a new window (custom-sized pop-ups didn't work well either in cases where the help window was not maximized).  

This issue doesn't seem to occur in IE. Auto-sizing pop-ups appear to re-size properly regardless of what they contain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp