Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot access ascm on 2nd device

Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded and installed Digital Editions (as computer had lost previous installation) and downloaded ascm file from my local library (UK).  When I opened it on my computer I wasn't asked for my adobe id, as previously, I was asked for a vendor id, which I don't have from my library so I just clicked to register anonymously, or whatever it says.  However I want to read this mainly on my android, which I have done before, but now the android says the content is already fulfilled by another user - which is me on my computer.  How can I access it on my android as I will never read the whole book on a desktop screen (just opened it to have a quick look) - I only have 3 weeks before I have to return the book.

thanks

Hilary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't at this point.

"now the android says the content is already fulfilled by another user - which is me on my computer"

Not you on your computer, but an anonymous user on your computer - which since it is anonymous can't be authorized to anybody else.

Moral of the story is - don't activate anonymously  (in the login dialg that said Vendor ID, IIRC the VendorID should be a drop down that lets you select AdobeID)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines