• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing xxxxxx_csh.htm and xxxxxx_rhc.htm startup files after publishing?

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had changed the name of my start (default) topic on an existing project (done in RH9). When I published it, I noticed there was no new startupxxxx_csh.htm or new startupxxxx_rch.htm files produced that are associated with the regular startupxxx.htm file. In addition, I still had the old startupxxx.htm file, old startupxxxx_csh.htm and old startupxxxx_rch.htm files. Several questions come to mind:

• What are these files used for?
  • Why didn't the new ones get produced?
  • What harm is there if the new ones are missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

I did some more investigation and found the following:

• I had not changed the startup file in WebHelp Settings > General Tab > Output Folder and Start Page field. Once I did this, RH generated a new startupxxxx_csh.htm and new startupxxxx_rch.htm within the Published folder. I always thought this field just affected the !SSL!\WebHelp directory, but evidently it also affects what goes in the Published directory.
  • Before I re-published the project, I deleted everything in the Published folder and chos

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

- These files are start files used in two legacy CSH calls. See: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/part/methods-calling-webhelp

- Good question. Did you make any changes to the SSL? Are the files chsdat_robohelp.htm and cshdat_webhelp.htm generated? Or do you have the old version of those files too?

- Unless you use a legacy method to call the CSH, there is no harm. As far as I’ve found out, these files are only used to start the project and are not used once the project is loaded.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did some more investigation and found the following:

• I had not changed the startup file in WebHelp Settings > General Tab > Output Folder and Start Page field. Once I did this, RH generated a new startupxxxx_csh.htm and new startupxxxx_rch.htm within the Published folder. I always thought this field just affected the !SSL!\WebHelp directory, but evidently it also affects what goes in the Published directory.
  • Before I re-published the project, I deleted everything in the Published folder and chose "Republish All" so RH would generate all new files. Once that was done, the old startupxxx.htm file, old startupxxxx_csh.htm and old startupxxxx_rch.htm files no longer appeared.

The help works well now, so I'm not going to delete any of these "legacy" files just to be on the safe side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp