• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Database connection

Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to connect my MS SQL database from ColdFusion server.

Can I use connection string to connect database or I need set up ODBC at ColdFusion level and use application paramter to connect database server?

Your help and informaiton is great appreciated,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

@iccsi,

If you are asking whether you can create an ad-hoc database connection using a connection string inside of a .cfm or .cfc file, I think the answer is probably no.  A datasource can be programmatically created using teh CF Administrator API, but that would require granting the developer the permissions to use the API.

The datasource connection configuration is behind the CF Administrator and the Administrator API by design for security.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a facility in the ColdFusion Administrator to enable you to connect to your MS SQL database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the message and help,

Do you mean that developer can not use connection string to connect MS SQL server?

Developer needs request ColdFusion Administrator to make the connection and in my application that I can use application parameter to connect MS SQL Server database.

Thanks again for helping and information,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@iccsi,

If you are asking whether you can create an ad-hoc database connection using a connection string inside of a .cfm or .cfc file, I think the answer is probably no.  A datasource can be programmatically created using teh CF Administrator API, but that would require granting the developer the permissions to use the API.

The datasource connection configuration is behind the CF Administrator and the Administrator API by design for security.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a million for the information and help,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation