Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reporting RH pages in Google Analytics

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're looking into reporting our clients' RoboHelp projects using Google Analytics.

We have the code on every page, but I don't see any way to break down the reports to individual pages.

Has anyone done this successfully?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to think that it runs into issues with WebHelp projects because the scripting prevents individual pages from being recognized, but I could be wrong. Have you searched the forums for "google analytics"? That should give you some hits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's my thought too, Jeff. Yes, I've searched the forums, and also

Googled for Google Analytics + bookmarks, which is how RoboHelp treats

individual pages. So far, I've only come up with bookmarks as "favorites",

but more searching is in order.

Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MarionJD,

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I'm using RH 10 and trying to do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Czaram,

Not yet - still investigating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying the solution posted at http://www.jasonanichols.net/?p=7.  I see if GA picks up any hits tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution above works, even if you are not publishing to AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@czaram Can you please confirm that this is working with content that is on an intranet rather than being publicly available on a web server?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, this works on the INTERnet.  It has to be out there in the real world for googlebots.  I've put my help content in a subdomain, and created a separate account for that in GA. In GA, I get stats for all my Help pages that have been viewed.

The only tweak I made to the link previously mentioned above is that I had to move page breadcrumb code to the master page that stores the google code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@czaram. Thanks for that. For some reason I thought this thread contained a reference to content on an intranet but on re-reading it I see it does not. I must have mixed it up with another post. I was hoping there was an intranet solution.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp