• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving dreamweaver sites

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sites built in Dreamweaver CS3 on a PC.  I want to move them to my MacBookPro into CS5.  Can I do this?  How do I do this?  I will keep same host.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can import you site from dreamweaver cs3 to dreamweaver cs5.5 on mac without any issues.

http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/import-export-dreamweaver-site-settings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note:

The import/export feature in Dreamweaver does not import or export site files. It only imports/exports site settings to save you the time of recreating sites in Dreamweaver.

First copy your files from your PC to the MacBook Pro (using Finder or similar). Then use Import//Export.

For more detailed help, post here where the DW users hang out

http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/dreamweaver_general?view=discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to use the export/import system initially.  I used export shared settings from PC CS3 and transferred via dropbox. Imported the .ste files on my MAC into CS5.  But wouldn't connect through FTP to GoDaddy.  I went to FTP users at GoDaddy account, created shared user and password.  Still wouldn't connect from MAc - error reports that password or user name incorrect.  Then went to GoDaddy's live help and using Filezilla we moved the small site from the remote to the local and I dragged it into the Site folder and it shows up in Dreamweaver.  However, index file ended up in stats and shows as a "web stats request form."  I thought it was simply misplaced, moved it out of stats and still get only a web stats instructional sheet as index.html. Anyhow, the filezilla system works so the problem is in Dreamweaver. Still won't connect to remote.  Same message.  Thanks to you for helping me.  Appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines