• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Chrome installing without my consent when I update Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whom do I complain about Google Chrome installing without my consent when I updated Adobe Flash Player? I updated to Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X this morning. I saw no indication that Google Chrome was going to install and given that I have used GC in the past and absolutely hated it I would not have completed the Flash update. If there is an opt-out for Chrome when updating Flash it needs to be more obvious.

I was annoyed but simply uninstalled Chrome and thought that would take care of it. Not so fast! Suddenly links in Outlook emails stopped working. All tolled I spent 2 hours figuring out what the problem was, finding the solution and editing the registry to get rid of Chrome. I have moved beyond annoyed to livid. I am self-employed and did not have 2 hours of my week to devote to this.

I will never use Google Chrome. I tried it, didn't like it and I'm now I'm thoroughly done. Is there a way to permanently opt out of getting Google Chrome?

So again, to whom do I complain?

Tamara Gehle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one--if they gave a shit int he first place their software gurus woulnd't have created a download that essentially hijacks your computer and installs the google toolbar and google chrome--all without asking for consent. Too much of this crap goes on. Look at your task manager--all sorts of updates and crap running behind the scenes (google update runs constantly on my other computer till I deleted the updater.exe)-too much of it from hidden downloads like this site propgates. And to top it off, I can't edit Adopbe .pdf forms on line and save them anymore. So I found this link: http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer  where you can fill all those fillable fields in your .pdf doc, and save the damned thing. Works just like Adobe used to when you could fill in fields from forms on-line and save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ever see an Adobe screen like this never ever click Download. I did once, and went through the trauma for days that

others on this forum describe, trying to undo the damage. In the end System Restore was the only answer.

I have Windows 7 and will never trust Adobe again for anything.

2012-12-02 Adobe update offer (suspect).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add, have Adobe programmers never heard of a "Cancel" or a "no thanks" option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clicking "download" should have brought up a web browser with an option to uncheck the third party addons.

Google+Chrome+with+Flash+Player--IE.png

While there isn't a "Cancel" button, there is an "X" in the upper right corner of the window that would accomplish the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines