• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 8 error when trying to record video

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to record video I get the following generic error. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Presenter, updating graphics card driver, but still have he same problem. I'm running PowerPoint 2010 (32-bit) on Windows 7 (64-bit).

presenter_error.jpg

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Do you have a Laptop or Desktop ? (Please Specify the Brand Name and Model Number)

Just want to confirm, do you have SP1 installed for your Windows 7 ?

Did you try launching Adobe Presenter Video Creator ?

As a testing try recording Videos on a different user account on your computer.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a laptop (Thinkpad W510) running Win 7 with Service Pack 1. I am able to launch Adobe Presenter Video Creator, but get the above error when I try to begin recording from within PowerPoint. I don't have another user account to try on this machine.

--Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I have made several videos when recording from the web and screen but when I try to o[en through powerpoint it will not connect. My IT support cannot help but are wondering if the fact I run SMARTnotebook which also has video drivers might conflict?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jcalleson @HenriettaMi

Hi, can you tell me which version number of presenter have you installed? If it's 8.0.0.227, please update it to the latest patch available. Goto (help > updates). If update option is not available, click on package button and then click on cancel button on the window that comes up and then try to update presenter.

Let us know if the problem gets resolved.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have the same problem but with different version of presenter. my adobe presenter version is 8.01 build 260. the same problem with error when trying to record video, anyone please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check in the updates window(as I explained above), if you see any presenter updates, then please update it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Prsenter to version 8.0.1.260 and am still having the exact same problem.

This is getting very frustrating. I upgraded over a month ago so that I could use this new feature in version 8 and I have not yet been able to get it to work or even get any idea as to what the issue is.

--Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you please let us know if you get the above error only on clicking on the  Video creator icon or on clicking any icon inside presenter?

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error message when I click the record button. My IT support thinks presenter is conflicting with other software I use. He is going to try and reinstal again on Thursday to see if he can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you please check whether you are seeing this issue only on clicking on video >> record button or any other button in presenter

Are you using any antivirus softwares?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only get the error when clicking the video record button from within Presenter. I also have Symantec Endpoint Protection running and would not want to have to disable virus protection in order to use Presenter.

--Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources