Copied

I get an error when I try to install Encore:

"Update failed. This update is not applicable for you."

What is wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

I works now!

Thanks for the help anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot know. You are not even telling us what version of Encore much less anything about your system or as part of which products you actualyl have Encore (things being that it hasn't been sold as standalone for several versions now)...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System info:

Windows 7, 64 bit

Encore 6.0.2

Adobe Premiere Pro 6.0.2

When I installed Premiere I didn't tick off Encore. That's why I'm installing it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error you have posted seems to indicate you are installing and update as opposed to installing Encore.  In message #2 you also have indicated that you have Encore 6.0.2 installed?  Can you please specify what you currently are trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I didn't mean to say I have Encore installed already. Because I don't.

So I should have ticked of Encore you say?

So if i understand it right: The "AdobePatchInstaller.exe" is just for updating if I already have Encore installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bigbopper_200 where did you obtain the file AdobePatchInstaller.exe?  Did you download it?  If so do you have the URL?  If it is on your installation DVDs then which Adobe Software package are you trying to install Encore from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see so you are trying to install the update to Encore 6.0.2 then?  Have you tried opening Encore and selecting Help>Updates? 

If you continue to face difficulties with the installation process for the update then the next step will be to review your installation logs.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret your installation logs at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I works now!

Thanks for the help anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines