• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saba 5.5, Scorm 1.2, Quiz preferences

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling to get the correct behaviour from the saba LMS all day. Could someone help me set my quiz preferences correctly please

Desired behaviour

• User can attempt the quiz multiple times during that lesson
  • If the user leaves the lesson and then enters it again, it should count as the second attempt
  • The user should be able to do this an infinite amount of times until they pass the quiz ( all should be tracked as seperate attempts )
  • Only when the quiz is passed should the completion status on the module be set to successful

Here are screen shots of our current settings;

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 17.08.24.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 17.08.35.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 17.08.37.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 17.08.39.png

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Your requirements are how I create content for saba lms here is what I do differently - Status would need to be set as complete /incomplete not pass/fail. Quiz score would need to be set as Points not Percent. Your quiz points would need to total exactly 100 points for all questions combined (not 230). On the 3rd screen, for required, Change the dropdown from Optional to Pass Required. You will need to enable the retake button. I would suggested removing the option that allows learner to review

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your settings looks apt for your requirement.

You may try changing the Template to "SendTackingDataAtEnd" (on First Screenshot)

Also upload your course on http://cloud.scorm.com, register yourself (it's free)

verify and compare your results.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your requirements are how I create content for saba lms here is what I do differently - Status would need to be set as complete /incomplete not pass/fail. Quiz score would need to be set as Points not Percent. Your quiz points would need to total exactly 100 points for all questions combined (not 230). On the 3rd screen, for required, Change the dropdown from Optional to Pass Required. You will need to enable the retake button. I would suggested removing the option that allows learner to review the quiz, this tends to confuse learners and they think the course has frozen on them as they can't answer the question in that state. I hope you find this helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and then once you publish the file go into the imsmanifest.xml file and remove the 1 line of code for the mastery score before you upload the file to the lms. Set your Mastery score in the lms offering and make sure your SCORM scoring communication is selected in the inventory item of the repository. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

We ended up using a combination of things. We did indeed need to change the status from pass/fail to incomplete/complete, we also enabled the retake button.

I agree with khoffe about the review button but our client wanted to keep it so we left it in.

The mastery score was not an issue as captivate 6 doesn't seem to add this to the manifest file.

We also had to delve ever so slightly into the javascript files that captivate produces, we had to open the scormdriver.js and change

DEFAULT_EXIT_TYPE from EXIT_TYPE_SUSPEND to EXIT_TYPE_UNLOAD.

This seems to give us the functionailty we require. Thanks for you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike I have found if we dont have 100 points even and the other settings above when the learner attempts the course and takes the quiz once and exits after completing the quiz without passing the system will through an unsuccessful then as well. I use these settings I recommended so that learners don't receive an unsuccessful at anypoint, The course stays not evaluated until they successfully pass the course no matter how many attempts they need. to do it.

Your right on the Mastery Score in the imsmanifest when I read the header of this topic I was thinking CP 5.5 not Saba 5.5. That line does not apply to CP6.

Glad this was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Khoffee,

Just a quick query here on something you mentioned about SABA.  You said that you had to set it to calculate success based on POINTS and not PERCENTAGE.

Did you find that SABA failed to record success if you used percentage even when the user achieved a passing score?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources