• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Used the wrong Adobe ID

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to Ebooks. Last week, I purchased a book from Kobo for my husband to read on his Sony eReader. However, after I imported it into Adobe Digital Editions, I realized I was signed into the wrong Adobe acount and now he is unable to read it on his device because it's been licensed to the wrong ID. I hadn't appreciated the limitations of the Adobe licence when I did this. I have now realized my mistake and won't be making it again. Is there anything I can do to transfer the licence to my husband's Adobe ID or am I stuck with having to buy the book again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your choices:

- Ask Kobo nicely for a download under a new id.

- consolidate id's under your id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I mentioned the problem to Kobo but they said I had to contact Adobe.

How do I consolidate my ID's under one ID?

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>How do I consolidate my ID's under one ID?

Sorry, that was badly/incorrectly worded.  It should have been: 'consolidate your content under a single ID (by repurchasing it).'

Some additional information:

Each ID is independent,  and there is no way to 'merge' them.  Although ADE 2.0 will let you have multiple authorizations, so you can read content from multiple IDs, unfortunately most devices do not support this.

Your best bet for sharing within a family is to use a single AdobeID for all of your content - (and unfortunately this advice is a little late for you).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the explanation, Jim. Thankfully, this has only happened to one book. I doubt I'm the only person to have fallen foul of this. If you're new to ebooks, I think it can be quite confusing. Ah well.

I think my Kobo Glo lets me sign in and out of Adobe ID's but I doubt my husband's Sony PRS-650 does as it's a couple of years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines