• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I successfully install Flash Player on my high-security computer?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I am using Internet Explorer 8 on a Dell desktop computer running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.  This computer is in a pharmacy and therefore has high security protection (firewalls, I'm assuming?).  A music program wasn't working properly, and troubleshooting suggested I update my flash player.

I try to download the new version's Flash Player installer for IE on Windows, and it downloads fine for a second (up to, say, 10-20% downloaded).  Then progress halts and my download speed goes down to 12 bytes/sec.  [Sidebar - downloads unrelated to flash player, sending/receiving info in other programs, and streaming music are all working fine.]  If I pause the download and resume, it completes in less than a second, but then I run into problems installing.  It will install to 47% and then I get an error message saying "Cannot contact reliable source".  Another message I have run into is "Certificate authentication failed, please re-install to correct the problem."

On the website for troubleshooting Flash Player downloading & installing, it suggested uninstalling the current version of flash player before installing the new version.  I have done so, but it didn't resolve the problem, and now I am totally hooped with no functional flash player on my computer.

Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you might be running into a firewall/proxy issue.  Can you try installing our stand alone installer located on this page?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines