• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems opening files in Captivate 6

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer and I am frustrated because Captivate 6 is not functioning like it was on my old computer.

When I open a file it takes an extreme amount of time to open.  It often gets stuck at 30% of opening.

Then when I try to go from slide to slide when I do get the presentation open it takes more than a minute to switch from slide to slide.

This does not seem normal.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

Which operating system are you in? Can you please give your computer configuration? How big is your project?

Thanks,

Vish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to isolate the problem late yesterday.

When I logged in as a different user on the same computer I found that Captivate worked just like it should.

Therefore the conculusion was that I have a corrupt user profile.

The IT department is going to rebuild my user profile and I should be back in business and creating compelling e-learning later today.

Thank you very much for your follow-up on the posting!

Have a Super-fantastic Day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minimum requirements mentioned for Cp are IMO too low. Are you using the 64 or the 32-bit version? If you do not have a lot of RAM stick with the 32-bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources