• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10, not publishing glossary terms in selected format

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a project using a WebHelp layout in RoboHelp 10. In this project, I'm using the Glossary Hotspot Wizard to link key terms and definitions. After running the Glossary Hotspot Wizard, the applied format shows correctly in the project. However, when I publish the project, RoboHelp is not applying the select format.

This is the Style format used:

12-5-2012 5-30-19 PM.png

12-5-2012 5-37-38 PM.png

This is how a sample glossary term appears in my project, prior to publishing:

12-5-2012 5-42-05 PM.png

This is the raw HTML code:

12-5-2012 5-44-07 PM.png

Finally, this is how the term appears in my published project output:

12-5-2012 5-45-13 PM.png

The hotspot is still there and clickable, but the formatting has not been applied. The problem here is that the user wouldn't know to click on the word unless they move their mouse over the it.

12-5-2012 5-57-08 PM.png

Why would RoboHelp would overwrite my selected format like that during published, and is there any fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R Tomchuk and welcome to the RH forums.

Can you start by telling us where you are publishing to. Is it a server? What type of server? The fact that you can see the hotpost operating as you expect in the generated output (which presumably on a local or network drive) suggests that there is something on that server that is affecting things. Do you have another server location you can publish to to check this theory out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding!

We normally publish to SharePoint, which is the platform our internal company sites run on. However, I did attempt to publish to a local network server and got the same results. The problem also occurs if I publish to my own hard drive.

Also, I recently upgraded to RoboHelp 10. Prior to that, I did not encounter this issue in 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you create a new project and test whether this happens with the default style sheet. If it doesn't import your style sheet and report back what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp