• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE username and unlock code for downloading the book I bought???

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a book.   No WiFi access.   Nook is connected to the computer,  When I try to download,  ADE asks for a username and an unlock code?????     What is it, and how do I get it/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum. 

Did you purchase the book from Barnes and Nobles?  If so then you will want to download the book directly on the Nook.  You will not be able to open the purchased book in Adobe Digital Editions.  Instead if you were wishing to open the book on your computer you would use the Nook application.  This application however does not provide sync capabilities for the Nook.  Instead you would want to download the book on your Nook directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But HOW do I download directly to the Nook???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locate a place with WiFi and download the book there while you have access.  Most public libraries provide this service as well as many retail establishments such as coffee shops or restaurants.

I did find a discussion on Barnes and Nobles support site which details sideloading the book from your PC.  You can find this discussion at http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-First-Edition-General/how-to-transfer-book-from-PC-to-no....

If you have additional inquires on how to get your eBooks on you Nook I would recommend working with Barnes and Noble directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines