• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any working flash player?

Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Excuse me, but I'm getting really irrtated now.

My (multiple) problems with adobe flash player started in june 2012 after I made the stupid decision to update it. If I get any version to work properly again I certainly will not touch it for the rest of my life.....

My previous threads:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4881107#4881107 (Flash Player 11.3.300.257 Firefox Plugin multiple problems on both XP and Vista)

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4882513#4882513 (Still hardware volume button fail after update to 11.4.402.278)

No, my problems with Firefox and flash player haven't been solved. So I think, ok I'll use IE9 to view youtube vids, well that that doesn't work either?!? 

Here's the list of issues which I face now:

1. I can't use a new flash player version in Firefox because of the hardware volume bug in flash player (see thread above), So I have to use an older one.

2. In Firefox youtube constantly freezes. It's like the video file won't load further. I have to use escape or refresh or whatever to get it to work again.

3. In IE9 I can't use the full screen feature, the screen is all messed up and the vid won't work properly (it's not the hardware acceleration thingy).

So summarized I have a flash player problem for over half a year now on 2 laptops with 2 differfent windows versions with 2 different browsers. That makes 4 options. And none of those work? Both laptops are recently fresh installed, clean and do not have much software on them.

Laptop 1:

Windows XP fully up to date

IE9 with latest flash player

FF latest with flash player 11.2.202.233

Laptop 2:

Windows Vista fully up to date

IE9 with latest flash player

FF latest with flash player 11.2.202.233

So my question: Is there any working flash player? If yes please tell me, because I need one pronto.

I hope there's one technician out there who knows enough about it, because till now no one did...

ThaPlayah

OK, so it seems I've killed the IE9 full screen bug by disabling the HTML5 trial option. In my eyes it would be better to leave that option disabled by default, because HTML5 isn't even here yet. Otherwise let people know they can untick that option! Anyhow the rest of my Firefox problems still remain, and I do prefer Firefox (read totally dislike IE9)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ThaPlaya,

I feel your pain. I am in charge of over 250 PCs and laptops. Flash Player stopped working for me after an update. I have been working on this issue non-stop since the middle of October, 2012. It's time-consuming, and even after applying the latest Flash update, it still doesn't work properly.

I am beyond frustrated! I have people calling me left and right saying that they can't access content. I have been using this site https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ to try and do a browser plug-in check while in IE an dFirefox. Even after I update all plug-ins, Flash still works about half the time.

For instance, the principal of the middle and high school wanted to view an online magazine http://upfront.scholastic.com/issues/12_10_12, about 3 pages load on this site. The rest continue to say LOADING. When I right-click on a page and then left-click on ABOUT ADOBE 11.5.502.110, it seems I am using the most up-to-date version for IE and Firefox.

Students are trying to access sumdog.com and stmath.com, both run using Flash. STMath is now working a bit better because I allowed some exceptions in our internet content filtering appliance, and in our firewall, sumdog still works half the time.

If Adobe is going to update their browser plug-ins, they need to test and retest before giving the public access. This situation is causing me a ton of problems!

Sorry to infiltrate your post...

Dawn/Flower1964

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawn/Flower1964,

Thanks for your reply.  I speak to a lot of people facing similar problems. Somewhere along the line Adobe lost track with it's  flawlessly working flash player. It now can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

Out of the fact that no one responded here I conclude that there are no qualified technicians out there who can really fix the problems, especially those in FF. It's a shame.....

Really sad to see that Adobe earns a lot of money by selling software to companies like Youtube for hosting their content. And than let's them down hard by not providing decent software for the users.

ThaPlayah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right, I updated all flash players and plugins on both systems. So now everything is fully up to date. The freezing problem and the volume wheel bug still remain.

Where are the tech guys? Could someone please take responsibility by solving any of these issues? I made a lot of effort to post here a lot of threads and answers, help out with a full bug report, doing all to help Adobe fix all kinds of stuff. And the result till now is 0.... Very disappointing.

Are you guys irritated now or just scared? I can't seem to get any decent answers....

A shame, cause now I'll just have to advise all my clients, which happen to be some pretty large companies, to use other software in stead of Adobe. Their own clients will be disappointed using media on their internet sites and get poor help when encountering problems. My clients will eventually be disadvantaged by that and that is inacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines