• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp topics missing after compiling

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2006 Dec 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created several new topics and have included them in the TOC and browse sequence. However, when I complile my WebHelp, the new topics are not included anywhere in the project. It is almost like my project is "stuck" and will only include up to a certain topic and then stop. For example, in one of my documents (my newest one) I have 15 or so topics, but Robohelp only generates WebHelp with the first 3 that I created. Any topic I created after that point is not included. I have tried numerous things to include the new topics, but nothing works. I am in desperate need to get this working ASAP, by tomorrow!

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

The first page of the wizard shows the path to which you are generating your help. Is that the folder that you are looking in?

Is your project on your hard disk or a network drive?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NHRobohelpQueen and I too welcome you to our community

Another thing to do is to ensure your browser cache is emptied. I particularly notice this with Firefox more than Internet Explorer. But it's possible that you are looking at an older version that is stuck in your internet cache.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am looking in the folder where it outputs too. I have also tried re-directing my output to other folders, but to no avail. My files and Robohelp are all on a hard drive.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you publish, does the wizard indicate that your "missing topics" are being copied? What happens if you manually open the first topic via windows explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by "wizard" you mean the dialog box the generates the listing of what it is doing, then no, I do not see anything about copying missing files. The weird thing is, anything I do to change the TOC is not being picked up and generated by any forms of output except for regular Winhelp (Word primary layout). I tried creating a new book in the TOC and putting some of the topics in there, and the new book did not get generated in the WebHelp at all. It's like nothing new in the TOC can be created into WebHelp, no matter what I do to it. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for any build tags defined on the topics or single source layout that may be exlcuding the new topics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything I can think of. The thing is, nothing has changed (as far as I know) and it was working previously. Something must have triggered or happended to make the new topics and TOC changes not be included. I need to have this resolved by tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I right in thinking you are using RH for Word?

1] Right click on Single Source layouts and create a new webhelp output. Any difference?

2] Create a new project and import the document into that. Does it then work?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This sounds exactly like the problem I'm having, topics appear in Winhelp but not Webhelp. I've tried this with imported Word docs and tried creating new topics but nothing helped. All topics appear in the TOC and will appear in the dialog box during compile for Winhelp but do not appear in the dialog box during compile as Webhelp. I've tried new files and still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp