• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashPlayer 11 installed get "Adobe Connect requires Flash Player 10.3 or above" . Using Windows 7

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the way the problem appears:

So I click the download flash player and go through the steps to install. Install as directed,And yet I still get the original problem.

I have rebooted my computer to make sure that it doesn’t need a reboot to activate the files installed etc.

I have removed flash player and completely reinstalled it.

I have also visited your site and you diagnostic says I haven’t an up to date version, but I have downloadeded it. as you can see above I have downloaded it.

I am using

- Windows 7 Home edition, with Service Pack 1

- Active X version 11.5

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Desktop application

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First things first....How did you uninstall? Did you use the Flash Player uninstall utility available on the Adobe site?

Try this first and let us know what the results are....

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

My best guess is you now have multiple versions installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corry,

First, thanks very much for your help, I really appeciate it!

I have used the utility that you suggested and re-installed Flash-Player, rebooted and I still get the error.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stephen

Are you Hosted or Licensed? If you have an older version of Connect there may be a problem detecting your Flash version. Have you tried installing the exact version it's requesting? You can find older versions of Flash on the net.

And what about using other browsers? Do you have the same issue no matter what browser you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are NOT using the 64 bit version of your browser.  That is the only time I see that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!

I am running a 64 bit version of Windows but does this mean that I am running a 64 bit version of the browser?

I cannot find out how to verify if the browser is 64 bit or 32 bit.

I have downloaded and tried to install the 32 bit version of IE but I get an error stating that this version is incompatible with my operating system.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With IE  you should have the option in your start menu to select the 32 bit or 64 bit version. I believe that Fire Fox and Chrome run in 32 bit.

IE version option.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See what happen when you uncheck the ActiveX Filtering

IE-->Tools-->ActiveX Filtering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines