• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open RoboHelp

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2006 Dec 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to launch RoboHelp, a windows installer opens and says "Preparing to Install." After an hour or so, it times out. I've tried reinstalling RoboHelp, but to no avail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing RH on your local PC?

Are you assigned Administrator rights on said PC?

If uou don't answer Yes to both, all manner of hardships will abound!

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2006 Dec 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got firewall software installed? Is it switched off? Does the same problem occur when trying to install other software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear from your first post whether RH has run OK and has now started displaying this problem or whether it is a new installation that has never run OK.

If it is the former and you have tried the other suggestions, there are two options.
1] Uninstall and reinstall.
2] If that fails, maybe your profile is corrupt. Speak to IT.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran RoboHelp for months with no problem, but when I started it up last week, it suddenly had problems. I have not had problems installing anything else. And yes, I did uninstall and reinstall it, but the problem persisted. Yesterday it opened once (after I went through some registration stuff). I got some work done, and then later when I tried to open the same project, it went back to trying to connect to a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your RH projects located on the PCs hard drive? They should be or else you will inevitably hit problems like these eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project I've been working on is on my local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us a bit more about "it went back to trying to connect to a server". What server? Did you activate RH when you reinstalled it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the process:

I run through the installer and click "finish." A small screen opens, saying "Windows Installer" and "Preparing to install..."

Yesterday, it ran for quite some time and then my registration info came up and then I was prompted to activate. It worked fine until the next time I tried to run Robohelp, when the same Windows Installer screen opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is something specific to the PC. Can you try installing it on another PC just to see if it works OK. Uninstall it afterwards.

If, as I suspect, it installs OK on the other machine and opens repeatedly, uou then have two options. One would be to contact Adobe Support as I don't think this problem has hit the forums before but it may have hit them. The other would be to try a new profile on your PC but that would involve the loss of all the settings on your applications.

Also before posting this I just ran through the thread again, Colum mentioned firewall settings and I don't think you responded specifically to that. I had a problem with RoboScreenCapture wanting to be activated after every reboot. Not quite the same problem but close. That turned out to be because the firewall was only allowing that application one way traffic rather than two way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you are trying to reinstall - check out the RoboPDF clean up utility...it does not clean up when trying to reinstall, and after you run this utility you should be able to install. I had the exact same error message. Just search for this utility in the tech notes.
kt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp