• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10 IIS7.5 giving 404 error on .cfm pages that do exist

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a fresh install (server) onto W2K8 with IIS 7.5 per the Adobe ColdFusion 10 Lockdown Guide.  My CF Admin section works fine.  I created a new site and created an index.cfm file (which is the only default document in IIS).  If I browse to www.domain.com it loads the index.cfm file just fine.  But, if I go to www.domain.com/index.cfm I get a 404.  If I create a .htm page and navigate to it - www.domain.com/somepage.htm - it works fine.

I've checked the request filtering vs. the cf admin site in IIS and both are the same (except for CFIDE/Admin in the admin site).  My mapping to the cfform scripts works fine in my new site (www.domain.com/cf_scripts/cfform.js).  CFCs called from my index.cfm page work fine (as long as I load it with just www.domain.com and not www.domain.com/index.cfm).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer was to add a virtual directory mapping to the jakarta directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.. I've had a similar issue several times. Those virtual directories will get you every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. Thanks for providing the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weirdly, I had to do this on one of my servers, but not another in our dev stack.  Great to find this post thought.  Thanks!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation