• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone experienced an unintended "find/replace all" in a document (using FM11) ?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Using FM11 with Windows7.

We have a problem with the following:

If I have completed a Find/Change All in Document A (then close the Find window), then I open Document B and press Control-F to perform a new search, once I start typing the previous word search/change all is applied to Document B when it's not the intention.

The problem is when Control-F is pressed the last function is highlighted (in this case "Change All") - rather than the word field, so nothing is actually being typed in this field - rather it performs the last function.  The basic work-around is just to make sure we click or tab to the desired field before typing...  OR make sure to delete the previous find/change text fields before closing the window.  When doing things quickly though we may forget - so it gets annoying when we have to fix this or revert to last saved document.

Users with XP don't experience this. Each time control-F is pressed, the Find term field is the highlight so the new term is typed in as expected.

Any tips would be welcome. 

Thank you,

Tina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tina,

There's been a change in behaviour with FM11's Find/Change (as you've noticed). The dialog now retains focus after a search has been performed and is modal. However, the focus of the field for ctrl-F should place it in the Text area, regardless of platform, not execute the last operation. This is buggy behaviour and I just confirmed this on my platform (regardless of whether your in Doc A or B).

Please file a bug report at the FrameMaker Bugs & Wish List  (https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=63)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Arnis !

That's right, once we all tried to reproduce the problem - we realized we could be in the same document when this 'bug' happened.

We are aware of it now, so we'll take the necessary actions to prevent it.

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines