• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Application manager shows an update to 13.0.2; installing gives the aforemention error. This same error has presented itself previously with extensions manager.  The workaround was to download directly form adobe and install - which worked for EM. Does not work for photoshop.  Checking for updates within Photoshop CS6 extended finds no updates.

Per the update page, this update provides support for retina displays...which sadly is not on my current MBPro.  New one coming soon.

Someone needs to fix the coding here.  It seems the similar errors are migrating to other installers now.  It wouldn't be so bad if the past workaround remained.

Naturally, this could be a problem not well commented, as the Illustrator update provides a "not applicable" to this machine response.

I'll try to install on my MacPro and see if similar results occur there.

MBPro - 10.8.2 2.3 GHz i7, 8 GB, SSD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my iMac 2011 with OS X 10.8.2 (12C60).

Can't install Updates for Adobe Photoshop CS6 13.0.2 and Adobe Illustrator CS6 16.0.3

Direct download from the adobe workaround was also not working.

Please help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall CS6 worked on MacPro. Strangely, it was only the Illustrator that

did not update there. Trying reinstall on MBPro now, then will run updates

again ­ fresh install.

I did note that when installing CS6 again, it stated older version in place.

Odd, same version, installed from same DVD DownloadŠ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me if the reinstallation and then updating is working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CertainlyŠ13 minutes to go right now. Will post if successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll both get a lot more help and attention in the Photoshop forum.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have also problems updating Adobe Illustrator - so it's not just an Photoshop problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Went there earlier this morning.  Solved the problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank u for posting the result.

Soooo, i have to reinstall CS 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the apps that won't update...

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, only reinstall the programs that are not updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reinstall, all updates were succsessfully installed.  13.0.2 for photoshop extended and 16.0.3 for illustrator.

Still, the issues seem to be starting to be the norm with CS6.  Not certain how (or why) what was once limited to Extension Manager issues have creeped into other software packages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quetzal_59 wrote:

After reinstall, all updates were succsessfully installed.  13.0.2 for photoshop extended and 16.0.3 for illustrator.

Still, the issues seem to be starting to be the norm with CS6.  Not certain how (or why) what was once limited to Extension Manager issues have creeped into other software packages...

Been searching for a proper thread to discuss this, two other attempts I've been told not to post in multiple threads with the same problem, but they don't offer any direction to the proper thread.  This is the first thread I've found that is closest to my problem(s).  I won't go into the preliminary details, but Adobe Application Manager (there are two I've found - one in app and one in Mac OS - Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/core/Application Manager) are not updating my CS 6 Design/Web Premium apps - either using "Updates" in the app or the other Application Manager.  The in app updater shows no updates - I know Photoshop and Illustrator (at least) have updates; they have stand alone updaters on Adobe.  The other Application Manager shows all my CS 6 apps as "Try" - what?  Trying to use the stand alone updater results in a failed installation.  I tried to go one step further and uninstall and reinstall CS 6, it fails too.  I have the identical CS 6 suite installed on my desktop (Mac Pro 2,1 - OS X Lion 10.7.4) which is updating properly.  My MacBook Pro 8,2 with OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 is the problem child here.

A note of interest, possibly involved, I have Muse as a Creative Cloud app.  I don't see how it could be involved, but it isn't installed on the Mac Pro.  But the Mac Pro is also using a version 6 something of Application Manager where the MacBook Pro is using version 7 something.  Is that what's wrong? 

I'm probably going to get slammed for posting the same problem in multiple threads, but I wouldn't have to if someone would address my problem or guide me to the proper forum.

Tom

A LONG TIME Adobe Creative Suite owner - even before the CS were developed I had the individual apps - costly too, but somehow I rationalize the expenditure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting and reinstalling the app and ext mgr file. Then run the extensions mgr again.

This should help. How many versions do you have installed (cs).

Also very long time adobe user...back to the days of aldus!

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quetzal_59 wrote:

Try deleting and reinstalling the app and ext mgr file.  Then run the extensions mgr again.

This should help.  How many versions do you have installed (cs). 

Also very long time adobe user...back to the days of aldus!

Sent from my iPad

By deleting, do you mean just dragging to the Trash?  As far as CS versions, I used the Cleaner app and made sure all other CS versions were removed.  I don't think that completely removes all previous CS version instances, but the ones that remain possibly are needed for the new CS.  Who am I to second guess and start deleting willy nilly.

I too go back to the Aldus days, Pagemaker was my first.  I'm almost afraid to calculate how much I've spent upgrading, but the upgrade path is the cheapest way to go considering what the full packages go for (+$1299 I think).  Before CS, each app was by itself, had Photoshop, InDesign (the evolution from Pagemaker), PageMill the precursor to GoLive which then went to Dreamweaver.  Still wish I could access GoLive on my Mountain Lion MBPro since I have a menu application that I've created many sites' menus and (fortunaly) I have Lion still on my Mac Pro where I can modify them until I can find another menu program.  The program, MenuMachine2, unfortunately the author didn't update it to work in Dreamweaver.  And all the other programs I've tried are Flash based, which means all Apple mobile devices can't use them - hoping to find an HTML5 menu app.

Don't know where to go with this issue.  An Adobe person couldn't help in another thread, either I wasn't explaining right or ???

I'm in the process of reformatting my boot drive, reinstalling all the files from my mirror drive (reason - TechToolPro showed an unusual change when doing a directory rebuild with the size of the drive, even though both were the same number.  I have multiple backups besides the mirror drive so I may go back to Mac's Time Machine for previous versions of Application Manager or ???  On that note, I copied the Application Manager folder from my Mac Pro to my MacBook Pro and ran Application Manager (because the Mac Pro's version was 6 and the MBPro was version 7) hoping that would solve things.  All that did was when I launched Application Manager it updated automatically upon launch - probably due to Mountain Lion; Application Manager 6 won't work with ML.

Fortunately the CS6 apps still work, but they do have updates for a reason so before I begin to have bad problems I'm trying to figure this out now.

Thanks for the reply, quetzel_57...

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be best to do a clean install then if you got an odd response from tech tool.

Also try checkmate from the tech tool folks. Or even disk warrior for drive issues...

I also wouldn't want to calculate how much invested. Even thinking about it hurts. At least it's been tax deductible...

Restoring from bu will probably not solve the issue as there may be pieces in the library files that are not removed.

Do all if the apps work?

Thomas Meyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quetzal_59 wrote:

Might be best to do a clean install then if you got an odd response from tech tool.

Also try checkmate from the tech tool folks.  Or even disk warrior for drive issues...

I also wouldn't want to calculate how much invested.  Even thinking about it hurts.  At least it's been tax deductible...

Restoring from bu will probably not solve the issue as there may be pieces in the library files that are not removed.

Do all if the apps work?

Thomas Meyer

Amazingly, the apps do work without problems.  I have a little app, MacUpdate Desktop, which scans my HD for apps needing updates.  That is when I first realized there were updates to the CS6 apps.  I won't go into details about how I tried to "make" them update, but all were unsuccessful and Application Manager would fail with an error log.  Even trying to reinstall CS6 resulted in an Application Manager error, said many possibilities for it but I doubt they are at the root of this.

If the erase and replace which is almost finished doesn't do anything, when I have time I'll do a clean install.

Thanks for the comeback...

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot get CS6 to install update from 13.0 on my Macmini Server (10.8.2)- error U44M2P7.  Didn't do it in 10.7.5 either.  Running the Check for Update in CS6 on the Macmini says I am running most current software (i.e., 13.0 64-bit)

Tried downloading 13.0.3 from Adobe directly, that went almost to completion, but then again gave error U44M2P7.  Had talked to Adobe rep when 130.1. popped up on my MBP but not on Macmini- he told me "well, if you're told nothing new, there is nothing new".  Baloney, but no point in arguing with someone who know even less than you.

Now I see there is a 13.0.3, which is downloaded and running fine on my MBP (20.7.5).  Why is this all so painful?  I NEVER have issues with other vendors' install, just Adobe and the flaky Download Manager interface.

If this doesn't get resolved, this is the last Photoshop upgrade I buy.  There are alternatives for what I now use it for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob Levine wrote:

Moved to Photoshop forum

This appears to be the Photoshop forum, is it not?  If not please link to where message moved to.  I agree with SW Rick, if this is a sign of the future of Adobe it may be my last update too.  I'm on the fence on whether or not to go to Creative Cloud - expense wise and what the apps do for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines