• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Size

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since using RH9, my projects have become significantly larger in size. Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, are you doing anything about it?

Sharon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you experimented with deleting the .CPD file? That can sometimes overcome project bloat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about source project size or output size? Define "significant".

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, as I looked at the output files in one project, all the files in the !SSL! folder came through when I generated the Web Help. This accounted for the size increase.

This only happened generating one of the two projects. Perhaps the settings for Web Help are incorrect?

Regards,

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Sharon but I (for one) am still unsure what your problem is. Is it the size of your project's source files, one particular file or the output that is increasing. Even then, why is this an issue? Also if you want us to know whether your WebHelp settings are at fault, perhaps you should say what options you are using - although I doubt whether this is the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for being unclear.

The problem was in the generated files only. Usually, when I generate a project, none of the !SSL! files come over (in other words, Printed Documentation, HTML Help, for example) that are in the source files. Not sure I can be clearer than that, as I do not know what to call these. When I looked at the generated project, it turned out that each of these folders inside the !SSL! folder was included with the generated content.

I had never seen this before.

So, in essence, my problem has been solved, though I'm not sure why this occurred and will check in the next iterations of the project whether this happens again or not.

Regards,

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't worry Sharon. From time to time we could all do with a little help describing things. Your problem seems to suggest that the issue is with the output files that were picked up - i.e. including those from other output types. I can't explain why this could have happened without knowing more about how they are picked up at your end. Could someone have just gone to the !SSL! folder rather than the WebHelp folder inside it.

In any case picking up those additional files won't do any harm, as they can't be accessed unless someone happens to find them in a Windows Explorer window and decided to open it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp