• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional tag identifier in Word?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a possibilty to define conditional tags in my connected Word documents via the Word style-definitions. Does anyone know whether that is possible an how?

Could not find any hint in the documentation.

Thx!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure you can do this in Word. If this is a requirement, have you thought about using FrameMaker where you can do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I thought of it. However, unfortunately I depend on Word because several other actors are producing content for my project and rely on word. We also plan to use a sharepoint link...

I read somewhere that it is would be possible but I have found no indication how.

If I cannot use that would mean I cannot apply conditional tags on topic content do you agree to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just found a reference to the following methods for applying conditional text in Word:

* Styles with hidden text using different templates

* "includetext" fields that take content from different sub-documents

* Macro-controlled conditionals

* The IF field

I have no experience of using any of these though. I have also not tested whether these would come across into the RoboHelp output when you update the link. You'd also have the issue of training your users on how to set this up and use it. It doesn't sound like a totally straightforward end user task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp