Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

List of Browsers Supported by Robohelp x5

Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the list of browsers supported by x5? We are using X5 for our project and every now and then, we get queries saying the toc is not displayed in a particular browser. Recently, there was an issue raised that it was not visible in IE 9 (Win Server 2008). I know there are issues with some firefox versions and chrome but not sure about recent versions of IE. Would really appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bds2012 and welcome to the RH forums.

The only one of the main browsers that can cause issues before Robohelp 10 is Chrome and even then only when viewing WebHelp locally. Peter Grainge has a good reference page of this and other browser related issues at this URL:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/browsers/browsers.htm

Other than that it is really down for you to say what ones you support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any published list and I doubt it would be possible to produce one. The content of one topic could be fine in a given browser while something in another topic would die. You can pretty much guarantee problems with that old a version of RoboHelp in the later browsers, as your users are finding.

Certainly Chrome was not supported until Rh9.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just seen Colum's reply so let me clarify. Whilst IE and Firefox were supported by the various versions of Rh, each Rh version supported the versions around at the time so whilst X5 worked in the version of Firefox around at that time, it may be its outputs will throw errors in later versions.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum and Peter. I guess the only workaround is to send a pdf to those clients having a browser issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want your clients to continue spending money with you, it could be argued the proper solution is to spend some more money yourselves to provide them with proper support by creating the help in a more modern version of Rh that supports the later browsers.

Maybe there just isn't the budget but staying with X5 is a bit like your developers still delivering DOS based applications.

Consider the subscription model for buying Rh.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right Peter. I'm on this already - persuading to upgrade, but not sure of the outcome considering only 2 projects out of so many are using robohelp! But I'll see what I can do..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp