• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending groups of variable records in one e-mail to separate recipients.

New Here ,
May 31, 2007 May 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a table that includes rows of pending actions pointing to duplicate e-mail addresses. I would like to send the addressees their respective action items in one e-mail to each person. The CFMail sends the pending action items to each in separate e-mails. I've tried using the cfsavecontent tag in the CFMail but it includes all the action items to all the addressees. I've tried to use a loop but it duplicates the records. Can someone please tell me what the best method is to accomplish what I'd like to do.

I would be most appreciative. Thanks
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 01, 2007 Jun 01, 2007
cfmail has a group attribute that works just like the group attibute in cfoutput. it just might be what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 01, 2007 Jun 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar requirement recently: send one e-mail to each recipient that contains information about one or more outage incidents. Each recipient was interested in only certain incidents, and didn't want e-mail on the others. (I have a table that indicates which incidents a recipient is interested in.)

I solved the issue by constructing a matrix whose rows were the incidents and columns were the recipients' e-mail address. The trick was to populate the matrix row by row, looping over the incidents. When it came time to do the e-mailing, I processed the matrix column by column, thereby sending only one e-mail to each recipient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jdeline, could you give more details/code on this?

- Your idea sounds like something I'm working on that will send emails to a users list IF that option has been checked in their profile

- See this thread link at the bottom which shows my User Email Action form: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4884260#4884260

- This is for an In-House Trouble Ticket System where emails only need to go out to other users IF they have been checked to receive those types of tickets.

If you could post your code or sample it might be helpful..

Thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cfmail has a group attribute that works just like the group attibute in cfoutput. it just might be what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Dan. This was the solution. I tried the group in cfquery and cfoutput and it did not work. I did not realize that it was also available in cfmail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation