• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I open the updates window in "Adobe Application Manager"?

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I open the updates window in "Adobe Application Manager"? Or can I or should I....??

I am a brand new Cloud member.  I heard of the Retina update.  Assuming this was where the updates would logically appear I went to the "Adobe Application Manager" app first.  Without closing the "Adobe Application Manager" I opened Photoshop and went to the help menu and selected "Updates..."; a second window opened in the already open "Adobe Application Manager".

I selected update all.

The result is below:

DW CS6 12.1 Creative Cloud

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I200

Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.1 update to address critical issues

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I200

Photoshop 13.1 for Creative Cloud

Adobe InDesign CS6 8.0.1 update

Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.1 Update

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.2.0)

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 2.05.1 Update

Dynamic Link Media Server CS6 1.0.1 Update

Photoshop Camera Raw 7.2

Extension Manager 6.0.4 Update

Adobe Media Encoder CS6 6.0.2 Update

Now, I closed the "Adobe Application Manager" and opened "Photoshop" again and again selected "Updates..." from the help menu.  The "Adobe Application Manager" opened again with just one window this time and the updates happened correctly.

I was hoping one of the updates would be to the "Adobe Application Manager", I don't think so.

So, If I were you I wouldn't select "Updates..." from an Adobe app unless the "Adobe Application Manager" is closed until they fix it...

Current version: Adobe® Application Manager - Version 7.0.0.128 (7.0.0.128) Note the Two windows in the "Adobe Application Manager" in the attached image.

Screen Shot 2012-12-11 at 2.23.03 PM.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

If you read my whole message you would have seen that after closeing "Adobe Application Manager" the updates completed normally the next time I selected "Updates..." from the help menu in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updates are currently available by going to Help>Updates within the Application.  Once you invoke the Updater, which is a component of the Adobe Application Manager, it will locate and apply the updates.  It looks like most of your updates have failed to install.  I would recommend you begin by trying to apply the updates that are available on our product update page at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/ and seeing if you face the same difficulty.

If you continue to experience problems with applying the updates then please review your installation log to determine the cause of the failure.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret the installation log at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read my whole message you would have seen that after closeing "Adobe Application Manager" the updates completed normally the next time I selected "Updates..." from the help menu in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent NudeCruzer sorry I missed that your difficulties had been resolved.  I am very happy though to hear that the updates were able to applied successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines