Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expand all/ Collapse all topics button and Visited Topics color

Mentor ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First of all, I am not sure if it is a good idea to create one post for two queries. But I have these two requirements for my project.

1. I need a Expand all/ Collapse all button(s) on the toolbar, which will open and close all books in the ToC. Is it possible to have one? How?

2. Is it possible to have a different color for the visited topics on the ToC? How?

Thanks

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. See http://www.wvanweelden.eu/product/webhelp-toolbar-scripts for an easy solution.

2. If I'm not mistaken, you can set this in the Skin Editor.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William

1.  The link provides scripts to expand/collapse dropdowns within a topic. However, I need to expand/collapse all books and all topics in the Navigation panel at the click of a button. Any thoughts on that?

2.  The skin editor allows us to choose colors for active topics (the topic whose content is displayed in the content area), and not the visited links.

For example, if I have completed topics 1 and 2 and am currently on topic 3, skin editor takes background color for the topics 1 and 2, and displays Highlight color for topic 3. However, I need a different color for topics 1 and 2.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your requirements are

1. I need a Expand all/ Collapse all button(s) on the toolbar, which will open and close all books in the ToC. Is it possible to have one? How?

Not something I have ever seen.

2. Is it possible to have a different color for the visited topics on the ToC? How?

Same answer.

Sorry.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Just thinking out loud here. When WebHelp loads up, all books are typically closed. So theoretically, one could insert a button or link somewhere that would, when clicked, simply point to the start page of WebHelp. That would "collapse" all books by reloading the WebHelp.

When you create "Section 508" output, all books are expanded. Again, theoretically, one could create a second WebHelp using the Section 508 output that would have all Books expanded.

The problem with this is that there wouldn't be an easy way back to the normal WebHelp. And with either use, the Default Topic would then replace whatever topic was open in the Topic Pane.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. Perhaps Rick's suggestion will work. As far as I know the working of the WebHelp TOC, there is no way to make this work. Not without freezing the browser for ten seconds.

2. I thought you could set this from the editor too. But you can easily add styling for visited TOC links in the file whthost.js. On line 654 (RH9) you can add any styling you want. Just make sure to save your changes and paste your modified whthost.js into the output every time you generate.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick/ Willam -- Thanks for your inputs.

I will try these methods and get back with my results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp