• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What counts as an activated device? And how do I deauthorize?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do apps count as a separate "activated device"? I just purchased a new iPhone and forgot to deauthorize the apps. Now my new phone won't let me log-in because I have "too many activations". 

My computer, my iPad, my iPhone, and my Nook are all I have in my possession...so how do I deauthorize a device and where can I see a list of authorized devices? I mean, THERE'S a concept, if you require I use your service to authorize things, how about you let me see what's authorized and let me know how to deauthorize! So I just need some help...anyone? Bueller?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So I managed to chat with someone in support. Apparently they can't fix my problem, but this person DID say that if you have to use your Adobe ID to authorize, then it does count as an "Activated Device". So if I want to use Overdrive and Bluefire on my phone and my tablet, that counts as 4 different activations. Anyone know if this is accurate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep that's accurate (wonderful world of app sandboxing).

Also deactivation doesn't increase your activation allowance, once you've used the activation it's immediately decremented from your allowance (instead Adobe slowly grows your activation allowance over time).

One more thing Computer activations are tracked seperately from device activations - you get 6 of each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines