Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with SharedObject in AIR 3.5 IOS

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been compiling my ios app with AIR 3.4 since it has been released and a week ago I downloaded AIR 3.5 and uploaded my app compiled with AIR 3.5. But I realized there has been a problem with sharedobject in AIR 3.5.

I used var sharedObject:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("myScores"); this code to save the game score and every time I uploaded my app it worked out. It has never lose the game score.

But with AIR 3.5 all game scores are gone. I didn't change any code about sharedobject. What's going on here? Now my customers will be upset to losing their information and even money they purchased through in-app purchase.

The thing is AIR 3.4 was fine but AIR 3.5 seems to be the problem.

Please HELP ME!!

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

I'm sorry you've run into this.  I wanted to let you know the engineering team is aware of this problem (see bug 3347676) and we're working on resolving this as soon as possible.

In the interim, could you try the following workaround proposed by our dev team?

The problem shows up when the tags <content> and <filename> in the application descriptor have different values (which is a common scenario). So an easy way for a developer to fix the problem for the time being would be to assign same values to these tags.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. So if I fix the thing you mentioned in application descriptor and update a new version of my app, could be the lost data restored?

Thanks,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it should be.

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

Specifically, you would need to change the <content> tag to be similar to your existing <filename> tag.

e.g. If your tags, currently are -

<filename>MyFileName</filename>

<content>MyRoot.swf</content>

they should be changed to -

<filename>MyFileName</filename>

<content>MyFileName.swf</content>

(Since you need to change the content tag, obviously you will have to change the name of your root swf as well to katch it)

Thanks,

Daman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more details and workaround please refer

http://blogs.adobe.com/airodynamics/2012/12/10/changed-behavior-of-shared-object-on-ios-in-air-3-5/

We would like to hear your feedback, please let us know if you face any issues!

Thanks,

Nimisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We now have a partial fix available in our AIR 3.6 labs release.  For additional details please see our release notes or this announcement page:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1111619

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also replied in the bug report.

It is a really serious problem.

We experienced it also in AIR 3.7.

It is only happening on iOS. Android works fine.

It happens with these both methods:

var mySharedObject:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("deutscheWitze");

FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.persistenceManager.setProperty("soundCheck", "yes");

Only some users experience the problem.

We think it has something to do with the compilation or installation of the app.

Best

omi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same Problem for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines