4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2007 3:50 PM by scottjanousek RSS

Where is the Sharp 910sh profile to preview in Flash?

ロウ
      Where is the Sharp 910sh profile to preview in Flash? I have a Sharp 910SH but can't find a way to make stuff for it. I have to use the generic 2.0 profile but it isn't the right size and doesn't have any messages saying what is supported or not.

Please update Flash or give me the Sharp 910SH file. Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Where is the Sharp 910sh profile to preview in Flash?
          ロウ Community Member
          I can change one of the XML phone profile files and post it if u want but I still need some help please. If I just copy one and change it how do I use it? It is for the Sharp 910SH

Thank you
          • 2. Re: Where is the Sharp 910sh profile to preview in Flash?
            ロウ Community Member
            My first post was almost 3 weeks ago. Isn't anyone at Adobe? I need some really simple or complicated info??? Why doesn't the XML file I made work? Why can't I easily make a new one from the others :( I think there is a serious bug in Flash 8. The generic driver 2 doesn't work when I put in a 640x480 stage. Generic 1 works. Please at least tell me you are reading this.

Thank you.

P.S. I have made an XML you just need to tell me how to install it or make the program read it...
            • 3. Re: Where is the Sharp 910sh profile to preview in   Flash?
              Newsgroup_User Community Member
              Adobe Device Central isn't quite there yet, but I'm sure this product
              will make handling device profile updates much easier ... until then:

Instructing users on how to roll their own uncertified/untested
              legacy templates is not something Adobe will share readily ... but that
              doesn't stop me (an outsider), from telling you how it can be done.

I warn you that what I am about to tell you is unorthodox, and not
              recommended, however.

Last year there was no iRiver u10 (PMP) template, so I created my own.
              Below is a link containing some of the instructions on how to do it.

These can probably be adapted to your needs as well ... though I'm not
              exactly sure what you mean by "generic driver 2" besides the default
              Flash Lite template (.fla) files ... is this what you mean?

http://www.scottjanousek.com/blog/2006/01/09/rolling-your-own-custom-mobile-templates-for- flash-lite-development/

--

P.S. Everyone should be aware that MDP (Mobile Device Profile #3 and
              greater) now contains a certified iRiver template, so don't use my
              template "hack" any longer.

-sj

?? wrote:
              > My first post was almost 3 weeks ago. Isn't anyone at Adobe? I need some really
              > simple or complicated info??? Why doesn't the XML file I made work? Why can't I
              > easily make a new one from the others :( I think there is a serious bug in
              > Flash 8. The generic driver 2 doesn't work when I put in a 640x480 stage.
              > Generic 1 works. Please at least tell me you are reading this.
              >
              > Thank you.
              >
              > P.S. I have made an XML you just need to tell me how to install it or make the
              > program read it...
              >

--
              Scott Janousek

mobile: 617.840.4427
              work: 617.840.4427
              blog: http://www.scottjanousek.com/blog/

Adobe Flash Lite 1.1 Certified Instructor
              Coauthor, Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices (ISBN:
              1590595580)
              • 4. Re: Where is the Sharp 910sh profile to preview in Flash?
                scottjanousek
                Sorry, that should be Mobile Device Profile #4. #4 contains the iRiver u10 profile.