Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running MIFWash as a service

Participant ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a trailhead?

MIFWash is doing what it is supposed to.

But while it runs for 35 minutes on a book of insets, my ability to control mouse clicks and use my keyboard are inhibited. FM is minimized.

I want to use other programs while MIFWash is running. Because of the mouse & keyboard interference, I can't.

How do I get the benefit of MIFWash without the keyboard and mouse interference?  Somehow on a 4-core machine, it seems like this "ought" to be feasible.

Hypothetical example:  How do I  start MIFWash, or FM with MIFWash, on an identified book, so that MIFWash runs the way a service process does, without interfering with my keyboard and mouse?

Does a command line interface exist to enable this idea?

Best regards,

max

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Sounds like some bad coding in the .dll that didn't turn off the display aspect of FM properly. You might want to look at Datazone's DZbatcher utility that would allow you to open, save as mif and then re-open and re-save as binaries via the command line in a batch file.

See: http://www.miramo.com/english/overview/download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like some bad coding in the .dll that didn't turn off the display aspect of FM properly. You might want to look at Datazone's DZbatcher utility that would allow you to open, save as mif and then re-open and re-save as binaries via the command line in a batch file.

See: http://www.miramo.com/english/overview/download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing dzbatcher now.  Interesting stuff.

With its SaveAs command, dzbatcher reports that FM is returning a -43 error, can't save the file.

Where do I look for more info on that error code (maybe others) ?  I'm trying to figure out if this is a permissions problem (SaveAs must require a file create from Windows) or something else.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Max,

I'd check permissions and also make certain that you're running the command file with elevated/admin permissions.

As an alternate, you also might want to look at the demo version of mif2go. It has a built-in mifwash utility and a command line trigger via runfm.exe to do batch operations. You only need the demo version for the mifwashing and batch operations. See: http://mif2go.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Arnis,

Thanks. Will look into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like error 43 is about a malformed parameter.  Sounds like a problem between dzbatcher and FM10 (in my case).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might very well be an issue between the apps. DZbatcher was written quite a while ago and Datazone haven't updated it. Probably aspects of the new OWL interface starting with FM9 are the suspects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up....

Datazone issued a patch to me within 24 hours of the report. It's working with my FM10.

Run time is approximately the same as the script from Adobe, but I now have my mouse and keyboard back under my control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that Datazone are still supporting DZbatcher and it helped you out in your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if Framemaker Server runs any differently, and if so, is that deliberate.

Illustrator CS5, btw, on Win7-64, has a similar problem. Actions won't even run (they stall) unless AI is the top window. Makes the PC nearly useless during batch ops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines