• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is there no import audio from presentation button??

Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has existed for quite some time, I've seen previous posts... What is Adobe planning on doing to fix this?

OLD SOLUTION ISN'T WORKING!!  I used to be able to save PPT 2010 files down to PPT 2003 to get the "Import from Presentation" button back, but it's not working with the file I'm working on now.  I've seen posts from Adobe saying this feature would be added back in later versions of Presenter 7, but certainly by the release of Presenter 8... NOT SO, it's still not there!  What am I supposed to do with this expensive piece of software if it doesn't work with PPT 2010???????

Anyone have any suggestion? I can't even save the pptx file as an html document, which used to work to extract the audio files as separate files, 1 for each slide... I've run out of ideas!  Seems like as expensive as Adobe software is, it should perform miracles!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I finally found a solution and thought I'd post it here in case anyone else is looking for it!  Since I was unable to import the audio from the presentation, I knew I needed to extract the audio files into separate files, but in previous versions, I used to save the ppt as an html file... another option gone. I found this - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/extract-files-or-objects-from-a-powerpoint-2010-fi... - basically you change the file extension from pptx to zip to zip the file. Then when you extract the files, you'll find everything in the "ppt" folder. The individual slide mp3's were in a "media" folder. Then I was able to import the audio files into Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources