• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a limit to the length of a single cfoutput string in CF?

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use <cfoutput> to export a tab delimited text table for excel.  I added a bunch of fields to a working export and it's broken.  I doublechecked my syntax in the construction of the output string.  I am noticeing that intellisense stops working on the line at 512 characters. Could there be a limit to the length of a single line in a cfoutput export?

Is there a better way to export to Excel?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFSPREADSHEET, depending upon which version of CF Server you're using.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just looking at that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the CFSPREADSHEET tag, you can drop into CFSCRIPT and manipulate things like font, color, etc.  Nice.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But from what I can see there is no easy way in cold fusion to let the user select a filename and directory to put it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a user needs to download it immediately after it's created, you can save the .xls(x) file in the Virtual File System under a directory named after the user's CFID_CFTOKEN (check to see if directory exists; if not create it; save file) and use CFHEADER and CFCONTENT to set it up for download, then delete the file after the download (an attribute in cfheader) and remove the directory from the VFS.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation