Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE installer not run

Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After download ADE_2.0_Installer.exe, i am trying to run it, but nothing happens.

Some help pls..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.  Which operating system are you facing difficulty with your installation on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

win XP, in windos 7 i had no problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Santoslaserna are you now stating that you were able to install Adobe Digital Editions successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two PCs. One with Windows 7. I have made the installation of ADE successfully.

Another PC with Windows XP. Imposible to run the ADE installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok for the Windows XP installation are you receiving any specific error messages?  What service pack do you currently have installed?  Do you meet or exceed the system requirements listed at http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/tech-specs.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For ADE 2.0 installation on Windows Vista there is a fix for this problem:

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/installing-digital-editions-20-windows.html

Does this fix help for your Windows XP system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not receiving any error when i try to run ADE 2.0 installer. Simply nothing happens. No error, no message, no any screen.

Then the fix for windows vista is not valid again, because uses the same ADE2.0 installer.

Have you any other installer?

The OS is XP profesional version 2002 service pack 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but without an error message then the only troubleshooting steps I can recommend are going to be very general troubleshooting steps.  Please try the steps listed in Troubleshoot system errors, freezes | Windows | Adobe software - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html.

If you end up receiving some type of error message please feel free to post it to this thread so we can advise you more specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't sure if you were replying to me, or exactly what you meant when you said: "Then the fix for windows vista is not valid again, because uses the same ADE2.0 installer".  If you mean that the installer for VISTA and XP is the same, then the fix that worked for me should work for you.\

Like you, the installer would not run for me, and there was no message.  As clicking on the above link (in my previous reply) used to explain, clearing a setting on the properties of the installer will unblock it and allow it to run.  The link doesn't seem to  be valid anymore.  Why would that be?  Anyhow I downloaded it again and looked at it and the method I used is to right click on the installer icon, select "properties", then click on "unblock" on the "general" tab.

HTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link I mentioned is working after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK!!

right click on the installer icon, select "properties", then click on "unblock" on the "general" tab

Thankyou very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines