Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio import from PowerPoint 2010?

Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Presenter 7 and PowerPoint 2007 I have the ability to import existing audio narrations by clicking on Import and then clicking the "Import from presentation" button. The button is missing in PowerPoint 2010.   Also... Same problem with Presenter 8.

Any ideas on how to get it back?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

I am able to reproduce this workflow, let me check this with the concerned team.

Thanks,
Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution to this? I used to be able to save PPT 2010 files down to PPT 2003 to get the "Import from Presentation" button back, but it's not working with the file I'm working on now.  I've seen posts from Adobe saying this feature would be added back in later versions of Presenter 7, but certainly by the release of Presenter 8... NOT SO, it's still not there!  What am I supposed to do with this expensive piece of software if it doesn't work with PPT 2010???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I did some research and found this seems to be an issue with MS Office 2010.

If you have Adobe Presenter 8 or 7.0.7 with MS Office 2010, then "Import from Presentation" button is missing but on MS Office 2007 it works fine.

I am still researching for the root cause, will let you know soon.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm aware of where the problem is. I've looked at previous posts on the same subject that had the same response, I think by the same person. Nothing has changed. I managed to find a workaround, I was able to create a zip file from the PPT 2010 file, which extracted all the media files so that I was able to import them individually. But it's interesting that the newest version of Adobe Presenter doesn't play well with the newest version of PPT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still an issue with Presenter 10 and PowerPoint 2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources