• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cp6 - Creating a TOC button (without Flash widget)

Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am working on a elearning template that doesn't use a time slider bar so, navigation is done through the use of back/next buttons.

I am also employing the Captivate TOC as a overlay. The problem I am having is that the default trigger to open the TOC is not only intrusive in it's default top-left corner location (affecting our branding), it is also a potential source of confusion for learners (to find it).

Apparently, there is a way to implement a TOC button on the master slide (without using a widget) in Captivate 6. Can someone please tell me how this is accomplished?

---------------- FLASH WIDGET IS A LAST RESORT

As a last resort, I will consider a Flash widget for now. Apparently, there is a good one here: http://www.cpguru.com/toc-button-widget-for-adobe-captivate/

The problems:

1) We want to avoid Flash, if possible, because our elearning content will eventually need to be outputted as HTML 5.

2) CPUGURU's widget source is not available and it is not in AS3 code (AFAIK). We will need the source for further customization.

----------------

Does anyone know how to open and close the TOC without a Flash widget?

Thank you,

Doug

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Doug,

Do you have the playbar enabled? In that case, if you set the TOC as overlay there is 'TOC' button which appears automatically in the playbar. Are you looking for something else?

Thanks,

Vish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Vish,

No, I am not using the playbar. None of my learning employs the playbar. All navigation is controlled with back and forward buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources