Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TTS: difference in quality between voice generated by Cp and on NeoSpeech site

Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comparing the voice generated for a given text by Cp 6 and generated online on NeoSpeech site, the voice on NeoSpeech site is generally better. I mainly tested Kate voice. The voice generated by Cp is less human - more metallic and sometimes has echo, as if two persons were speaking. Also, sometimes the voise has noise, characteristic to digital noise (like voice and tiny pieces of silence shuttered and mixed together). The voice generated online on NeoSpeech is more human and clean.

Is it because of the TTS voice version difference between Cp and NeoSpeech site and can the voice in Cp be somehow updated? Or is it perhaps the matter of sound card (I have 3 years old Sound Blasted and it normally records voice very well)?

Second question: is it possible to have some VTML tags applied to the whole presentation once (e.g. peace, pitch), or is it necessary to include them in every one slide note?

I also have third question: is it possible to directly attach TTS voice to an object? (other than generating it as a slide TTS, exporting to mp3 and importing to the object)

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1st question: No idea.

2nd: Not possible. I wish I could though.

3rd: Yes, you can. The audio you record using TTS is in the library. You can select the audio file and drag and drop it on the required object. Alternatively, you can go to the properties of the object, click Add Audio in the Audio accordion, and select the TTS audio from the library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources